OK, so while the novelists are writing their 50,000 word saga what’s the poet to do? Why does the poet miss out on the fun? The grueling challenge? The taste of victory, sprinting across the finish line?
Well, here is your chance to travel your own path of madness (or let’s say, productivity).
Your challenge? Write one poem a day, 30 poems in the month of November.
Similar to some contests held during National Poetry Month, this challenge will allow you to join your NaNo brothers and sisters in your own way, your own weapon of choice.
- Write one poem a day. That is the individual goal, but really, if the muse does not happen on the 5th, you need to make it up somehow after the 6th. Remember, the ultimate goal is 30 poems in 30 days.
- Poetry prompts are provided on this blog. You may use them or ignore them, if you will.
- I will be participating as well and will be posting my stats. Feel free to contact me at any time at jennsmithak at gmail.com.
- On Roll Call days, please post your totals for all to see. This is called accountability.
- Please, post below if you are participating. Include your own web site or blog. I would like 6 or so people to participate. You know, the more the merrier thing.
- On December 1st–or earlier, if you blew through your goal– please post your win so that you can be eligible for prizes.
- Prizes – to be determined- are given on an honor system to a select few who complete the challenge. Most likely prizes are chapbooks and, maybe, even my book. Will be posted soon.
PLEASE POST IN THE COMMENTS HERE IF YOU ARE PARTICIPATING. IF YOU HAVE A BLOG OR WEBSITE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST IT TOO!