What else do you celebrate National Poetry Month than vow to write poetry. Even better yet, why not write one a day? Test your chops, generate new material. It doesn’t matter how good it is (in April, that is. Now, May will come and there will be revisions!) just write! Unleash the poet from within.
Your challenge? Write one poem a day, 30 poems in the month of April.
- Write one poem a day. That is the individual goal, but really, if the muse does not happen on the 5th, you need to make it up somehow after the 6th. Remember, the ultimate goal is 30 poems in 30 days.
- Poetry prompts are provided on this blog. You may use them or ignore them, if you will.
- I will be participating as well and will be posting my stats. Feel free to contact me at any time at jennsmithak at gmail.com.
- On Roll Call days, please post your totals for all to see. This is called accountability.
- Please, post below if you are participating. Include your own web site or blog. I would like 6 or so people to participate. You know, the more the merrier thing.
- On May 1st–or earlier, if you blew through your goal– please post your win so that you can be eligible for prizes.
- Prizes – are given on an honor system to a select few who complete the challenge. Chosen at random include:
- my own Medusa- The Lost Daughter book
- Mystery chapbook chosen at random among the many I have on hand
- Mystery zine
PLEASE POST IN THE COMMENTS HERE IF YOU ARE PARTICIPATING. IF YOU HAVE A BLOG OR WEBSITE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST IT TOO!